This simple and nutritious breakfast is so tasty, you’ll want to make it again & again
This savoury pancake / dosa is very easy to make and can be eaten any time of the day.
All you need is a little planning in advance, to soak the Rice & Dal overnight. Once you have the batter ready, making breakfast/dinner is just a matter of minutes.
Rice – 1 cup
Moong Dal – 1/2 cup
Whole Moong beans (with green outer skin)- 1/2 cup
Ginger – 1 inch pc
Green Chillies – 2 nos (or as required)
Salt – to taste
Ghee / Oil – few tsps.
* Wash and soak Rice, Moong Dal and Whole Moong in water, overnight. (You could also use only whole Moong Beans with green skin which are more nutritious than skinless Dal.
* After soaking overnight, drain out excess water and coarsely grind the mixture into a thick paste.
* Add Ginger, Green Chillies and Salt to taste while grinding the mixture.
* Add little water if necessary, to adjust consistency. The mixture should have a thick but pouring consistency like Dosa batter.
* Cover and keep aside for few hours, so the mixture ferments slightly.
* With a ladle, spoon out and spread the mixture evenly like a dosa, on a non stick pan.
* Spread few drops of Ghee/Oil on the sides, and cook on medium heat, with a lid on for 2-3 mins.
* Flip the dosa and cook further for 2-3 mins till lighlty golden and crisp on the edges.
* Serve hot with Coriander Chutney/Ketchup
# You can also add any other Dal or Beans of your choice.
Posted from WordPress for Android