I have recently launched a range of Jams, Relishes and Flavoured Butters by the name #nomnom
In my blog I’ll be sharing with you various recipes using those products and showing you some innovative ways to use these Relishes and Butters.
The 1st In this series, is my absolute favourite Pound Cake made using #nomnomStrawberryButter
This delicately flavoured tea time cake tastes best with a cup of strong black coffee, or tea if you prefer.
With just a few ingredients, you can make this amazing cake at home anytime.
You will need –
#nomnom Strawberry Butter – 100 gms
Eggs – 02 nos.
Refined Flour – 100 gms
Powdered Sugar – 100 gms
Baking Powder – 1/4 tsp
Strawberry/Vanilla Essence – 1/4 tsp
* Preaheat Oven (OTG) to 150 °C
* Sieve together Flour and Baking Powder and set aside. Grease and Dust a Baking Pan / Loaf Tin.
* In a large bowl, beat #nomnom Strawberry
Butter (should be soft, at room temperature) and Powdered Sugar along with Strawberry/Vanilla essence, until mixture is light and fluffy.
* Add Flour and Baking Powder mixture one spoon at a time to the Butter-Sugar mixture. Fold in the flour gently into the butter, till just mixed and free of lumps. Do Not Over mix.
* In another bowl, lightly whisk 2 whole eggs and add to the above cake mix, little at a time.
Stir in untill well combined, taking care not to over beat the mixture.
* Transfer batter into Greased and Dusted Baking Tin, and bake at 150°C for approximately 30 minutes.
* Unmould on wire rack, and let cool before cutting into slices.
** You can also make a Strawberry Frosting for this cake by beating together equal quantities of #nomnom Strawberry Butter and Icing Sugar.
Posted from WordPress for Android