I know this might sound stupid… but honestly… I DO NOT LIKE MAGGI (Or ANY other 2 minute noodles) 😑
But sometimes you need something quick, & easy to make after a long tiring day… or you’re back home late, & there’s not much of an option really.
MY version of #maggi is what I make then…. lots of crunchy vegetables, & crispy noodles, spread over regular (instant) cooked noodles.
This method is not really the quickest, but it’s definitely tastier & much healthier than the regular instant version.
So here’s what I do –
● Chop vegetables into small bite sized pieces. You can use any/as many vegetables as you like from this list – Cauliflower, Broccoli, Carrot, French Beans, Peas, Cabbage, Spring Onion. (Spring onion should be added at the end of cooking/as a garnish to retain freshness & crunch)
● Heat a pan and add some oil (couple of teaspoons)
● Add some crushed MAGGI noodles and stir fry on low heat till golden & crisp. (Always add noodles 1st, let them crisp up, before adding vegetbles)
● Add chopped vegetables, salt to taste, and Tastemaker /any other spice mix of your choice and stir well.
● Stir fry the vegetables on medium heat for a few minutes, taking care to retain their crunchy texture.
● Simultaneously in another utensil, cook the instant noodles as you normally do (boil water, add tastemaker, add noodles & let cook)
● Add the stir fried crunchy noodles- veggie mix onto the boiled noodles and serve immediately.
I like the taste & crunchy texture of the stir fried noodles & vegetables along with the softness of the regular cooked noodles…it’s a nice balance of flavours & textures.
Plus it’s a good way of eating veggies. Makes you feel less guilty about eating junk food (as if I care too much about that 😂😂….No I just like my version much more than the regular boring packet noodles.)